Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Humble Chicken Aglio Olio

I cooked spaghetti aglio olio (read: ugly-ooo) last night for dinner. I am a huge fan of pasta. I love it when husband love my spaghetti bolognese. Since I have to stop eating seafood for a year (but I cheated, I ate shrimp sambal last month, because my aunt's sambal was irresistible). FYI, I gave birth through a c-sect last April. That is why I tried to 'puasa' seafood for a year until the wound is fully healed. Spaghetti Aglio Olio would definitely taste better with seafood. But I had no choice, so I substituted with chicken breast. It tasted good too. And the best part is, husband said it was yummy.

This is an easy-peasy recipe that you must try when you want to limit your time in the kitchen. 

What you need?

- pasta: spaghetti/angel hair/fettuccine
- chili flakes/dried chili (sliced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- cooking oil
- any hard veggie: carrot, celery, capsicum, button mushroom (diced)
- pineapple (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- lean chicken breast (sliced)
- chicken stock
- parsley (for garnishing)

Method:

- boil pasta until soft
- saute minced garlic, chili flakes/dried chili and chicken
- add some water and chicken stock
- add veggie, salt and pepper
- add pasta, stir well
- garnish with chopped parsley
- ready to serve


Dinner leftover for today's breakfast; chicken aglio olio


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com