Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Don't Panic!

Panic #1:

Is my baby growing well?
This question always pop out from my mind. Yeah, as a mother-to-be for the very 1st time, i can't stop worrying about my fetus. If you are feeling the symptoms of pregnancy, morning sickness (anytime of day), gaining weight, if your stomach is growing and your breasts are tender, those are all good signs. But not all ladies will feel those things.

Bottom line, just keep calm and pray for both safety and health. Bukan ke belly dah start protruding? 


Panic #2:

Chapped lips and sometimes they bleed!
Pregnant women tend to experience this because our body need more liquid, retaining fluid and increasing blood flow. So stop licking your lips, and get more water. I do! I drink 1.5 L - 2.0 L of water daily. Even when I wake up in the mid of the night to pee, I must take one or two big gulps of water to top up.

Bottom line, I must drink a lot during hot weather. Sekarang siang2 panas terik kat area Johor. 


Panic #3:

Do every women in labour needs epidural? How about natural birth? How does it feel?
I have read some articles on taking epi during labour. After having some thoughts, I think I wanna go for natural birth. This is because epidural has bad effects on both mother and child. But how can I be so sure? I have zero labour experience. You know what scares me? It is during post-natal stitching. Am I going to be given anesthetics? Or will the gynae/midwives just stitch my perineum without giving any warnings? My oh my..

Bottom line, I must massage my perineum area with virgin coconut oil after 30 weeks and do Kegel exercise to make giving birth easier.

Panic #4:

Can the nurses of general hosp be nice to me during pre and post-natal?
This really concerns me. People will always make foolish notion about general hosp nurses. Are they that bad and nasty? I always ask my friends how 'garang' the nurses are. But they just deny the fact because nurses back in early 90s were mostly old and 'banyak membebel' compared to newschool nurses. There are more young and kind nurses nowadays. I hope they will treat me well and nicely. 

Bottom line, I opt to deliver my baby at general hosp and husband can take care of me there and I have a ticket that goes like, "I am a wife of a staff in Pathology Dept. Please don't be 'garang' to me!"




2 comments:

  1. Nurses at Govmt Hosp sometimes, harsh sikit. Tapi ada govmt hosp yang ok sangat2 nurse2 nya especially hosp yang baru. My friend suggests Hosp Ampang, friendly nurse, very helpful, lepas dah bersalin siap ajar how to hold the baby, how to breastfeed semua. Mungkin ada juga hosp lain yang macam tu :) Some govmnt hosp yg ada sister garang2, kadang2 diorang sembur je "Beranak memang lah sakit! Takpayah jerit2!" atau "Pegang anak pun takreti!?"
    Your ticket tu pun diguna juga nanti hihihi :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu la..kawan cerita masa dia nak deliver last 3 years, nurse2 praktikal ni ramai pulak nak menyeluk2 check jalan kan..lps tu salah buat kiraan.

      esok2 bila turn i, siaplah siapa nurse yg garang/harsh kat i..i report kat husband i nnt..muahahaha

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com